[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Banana1

Banana1

Reports of cheaters, etc that have been deal with already.

Banana1

Postby Dejan » 07 May 2015 14:07

Re: Banana

Postby qreeves ยป 07 May 2015 07:10
I will say now that it is me in the end who bans everyone (shirepirate doesn't even have access to it yet), but no, it wasn't because you decided to fork the game. Red Eclipse is free and open source, and you are in fact encouraged to fork (you just can't use our trademarks: the "Red Eclipse" name, the "Red Eclipse" logo, the "Red Eclipse" emblem). The problem here is, how 98digger went about that. Dejan, I did recommend you tell us your IP address, because if you match 24.135.* then you were caught doing the same thing.

From the guidelines:

Players must behave in a manner that is not disruptive to the game.

Cheating, flooding and/or spamming is not permitted.

#re-lobby on freenode, yesterday:

12:43:25 <+re-master> *ELARA* 98digger (173.76.240.249) has joined the game [1.5.1-nix64] (1 player)
12:43:54 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> Attention Red Eclipse devs: expect a fork of 1.4 Elara soon.
12:44:49 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> You devs took advantage of those you attempted to contribute ideas who do not know CubeScript and C++.
12:45:10 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> Now a fork of 1.4 is being developed where anyone can contribute ideas.
12:45:44 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> And in-game voting will be used to decide on whether to implement those ideas or not!
12:46:06 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> And all additions to the game can be reverted using an Options menu!
12:46:28 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> No default variables exist in the fork; YOU choose the defaults!
12:47:08 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> The fork will one say overtake the abomination that is Red Eclipse 1.5!
12:47:37 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> -Brought to you by the *ELARA* clan from the secret alternative 1.4 master server!
12:47:54 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> 1.5 can go to hell!
12:48:21 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> Or not! On the fork, you can choose 1.5 vars if you want! You can even use 1.5 maps!
12:48:43 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> You can even play on Blood Frontier's maps, and use Blood Frontier's vars!
12:48:53 <+re-master> <*ELARA* 98digger> BYE!
12:48:56 <+re-master> *ELARA* 98digger (173.76.240.249) has left the game (normal, 0 players

My in game name is Dejan#dejaVu# and if you find any proofs that i did something wrong - congrats from me..

I am not banned now, so i guess i was banned by mistake, or my ip address changed.
Dejan

Re: Banana1

Postby shacknetisp » 07 May 2015 14:18

Dejan, from what I read it appears you did some kind of spamming related to 1.4 or the fork.
You are unbanned now because it wasn't a serious offence.
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Return to Closed Reports