[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Kamikaze; Mangina

Kamikaze; Mangina

Reports of cheaters, etc that have been deal with already.

Kamikaze; Mangina

Postby Duck » 24 Nov 2014 03:19

Today while playing, I found an interesting strategy used by a player named Mangina. He constantly picks up grenades and suicides when he is close to a player. He is aware that this affects deathmatches greatly but insists that frags are all that matters. He was eventually banned because of disrupting gameplay.

Could we specify this issue in our guidelines?

Host info: cpc-nott16-2-0-cust-128.12-2.cable.virginm.net

Notice how he has the same amount of frags as me (Acer's sloth)
Attachments
Kamikaze.dmo
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 127 times
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Re: Kamikaze; Mangina

Postby qreeves » 24 Nov 2014 04:54

Not really an issue in 1.5 because kamikaze suicides result in massive negative points.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby radiant » 24 Nov 2014 11:00

They result in the same on that server (-3 for normal suicide + additional -3 for doing so with a wielded grenade) but he still did it without regard for the point loss. Notice the huge -79 score.
radiant

Postby qreeves » 24 Nov 2014 11:25

Oh okay, sorry, I didn't take the time to look at the demo. That does fall under being disruptive to gameplay, I'll tweak the guidelines a little. As they got banned already, let me know if they continue to do it and I will make it global.
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby qreeves » 26 Nov 2014 03:22

The user mentioned in this post decided to create an account and attempted to troll this thread begging for a ban and threatening to use VPNs. As a result, I have global banned known addresses so far; I urge all moderators to ban this user on sight and report new incidences to this thread.
|
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby TGunn » 27 Nov 2014 03:11

Just a bit of curiosity. Say if some player happens to be near an enemy WITHOUT actually attacking with the grenade, not intentionally trying to do a kamikaze, but has it wielded. The victim kills the player with the grenade, and causes the player to explode, taking the victim down with it.

Would that count?
TGunn

Postby shirepirate » 27 Nov 2014 03:20

shirepirate

Postby radiant » 27 Nov 2014 03:25

The kamikaze penalty only applies when it's a self-inflicted kill, such as by using the suicide key or falling off the bottom of the level. In this case both players get their 3 points for a frag, and it's an even exchange.

Under an earlier revision of the scoring system, the penalty for a suicide was only -1 and there was no kamikaze penalty on top of that, so "suicide bombing" was actually a profitable venture score-wise. There were even situations where it made sense to hit the suicide key without any kamikaze side effects: if you got hit with a residual condition under 15 health and had no way to prevent it from depleting the rest of your life, taking the -1 for a suicide and giving them +1 for an assist worked out better than letting the residual damage give them a 3-point frag.
Last edited by radiant on 27 Nov 2014 03:31, edited 1 time in total.
radiant

Postby TGunn » 27 Nov 2014 03:30

Well, in that case, I know what I'll be doing. I'm keeping my distance from anyone that has a grenade, enemy or ally. I was wondering, though. Would it be a good idea to disable the grenade explosion should the user commit suicide?
TGunn

Postby qreeves » 27 Nov 2014 04:35

|
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Closed Reports