[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Impersonation case + How gmods deal with impersonators?

Impersonation case + How gmods deal with impersonators?

Reports of cheaters, etc that have been deal with already.

Impersonation case + How gmods deal with impersonators?

Postby Honno » 24 Oct 2014 18:46

yoyo so I'm a mod now and peeps were concerned that the player biggy was being impersonated by the player jester (who plays as "kesha", I think). As jester has registered privs at first glance you would think the impersonated biggy was the real deal. On 1.4 servers he comes up as a mod as well. As far as I can tell, jester hasn't done much direct harm to biggys good name, but as you can understand it's annoying. Anyhow, here's proof that jester was impersonating biggy (jump to 7:30ish to see him actually enter and therefore see his ID as jester):

20141024192511.dmo
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 280 times

He's been doing it for a lot of matches today it seems. Just ask biggy himself and others.

So because I'm ignorant of the procedures, I'll have to leave this up to y'all. I'd say give jester a spanking, and say do shit again and we'll kindly request big daddy to remove your account privs.

And yeah, how are we mods supposed to deal with impersonators in general?
Honno

Re: Impersonation case + How gmods deal with impersonators?

Postby SylvieLorxu » 24 Oct 2014 18:53

Purposely impersonating others is obviously problematic and deserves punishment, but it's hard to track because a lot of people have nicknames that aren't the same as their account name (including me).

But yeah, these things are basically to ruin someone's reputation one way or another, and deserves a stern warning and a ban or loss of account if the player consistently does this (do you deserve to have your own nick protected if you don't respect the nicks of other players? I think not).
SylvieLorxu / TheLastProject | Global Administrator, Red Eclipse | Signature thief
SylvieLorxu

Postby Machine » 24 Oct 2014 18:58

yes jester = kesha .. It is also treated with other very bad And hates me so much because I'm use nades lol But I think she played a personal freedom and has no right to interfere in it He also hates a lot of my friends for example Yolo and Is insulted me I've played red eclipse 1.2 and 1.3 and now play 1.4 and i know all players with Is one of my best friend [ scatter ] I hope that you take a firm decision to end these problems, and sorry for the inconvenience , good luck
Machine

Postby billyjoe » 25 Oct 2014 00:22

thanks for this honno,ive been tired of his actions already...i just join a game and he starts telling me alot of stuff besides impersonating me,i get mad and tell him stiff back,but im glad u are aware of this already...i will not tell him stuff no more i will let u guys take care of it.....tnx biggy
billyjoe

Postby billyjoe » 29 Oct 2014 00:55

why does this guy continue with me,he has tons of nick names,for now hes using ace campy,he keeps insulting me and nothing is being done about it,he should be banned,people like this give red eclipse a bad name..........biggy
billyjoe

Postby shirepirate » 29 Oct 2014 01:26

shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 29 Oct 2014 07:50

The only really cover harassment in the form of abuse directed toward another player or group. I am hesitant to apply rules to the name a player chooses, as this is a freeform field. To protect your identity it is recommended you , as this is a fixed field that can be used to identify you to your peers while playing online (it even shows your registered handle on the scoreboard). I hope you can understand my reasons for not wanting to intervene on this matter.

As far as global moderators, etc. are concerned, I would really recommend only intervening if the harassment results in some form of abuse or it causes literal confusion as to the identity of the players currently participating. That being said, I always try to encourage you to make your own decisions, as I can't write policy to deal with every single situation. Honno did the right thing bringing this to the attention of of his peers. Sorry it took me a while to form a cohesive response, I had to consider it carefully.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Honno » 29 Oct 2014 09:57

Thanks for the clarification.
Honno

Postby radiance » 08 Nov 2014 02:47

I'd like to mention that he impersonated jd3466 today as well.
radiance

Postby billyjoe » 12 Nov 2014 21:36

yes he still keeps doing it,now changed his name from campy and jester just not sure what his name is now,seems like mods or whoever is in charge dont care...oh well
billyjoe

Postby freezurbern » 12 Nov 2014 22:45

freezurbern

Postby SniperGoth » 12 Nov 2014 22:53

Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby shirepirate » 13 Nov 2014 00:44

shirepirate

Postby Duck » 13 Nov 2014 02:03

Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby billyjoe » 14 Nov 2014 00:16

what do u mean in my head shirepirate,u think im makin this up or what..and plus im not the only one hes doing this to so dont go saying its in my head..inveastigate before u talk shirepirate...
billyjoe

Postby SniperGoth » 14 Nov 2014 00:37

Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby billyjoe » 14 Nov 2014 18:21

billyjoe

Postby Duck » 14 Nov 2014 21:45

Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby billyjoe » 15 Nov 2014 00:06

im just replying duck i did not start this thread so stop runnning ur mouth..u should control ur players like the mod u say u are...and plus keesha is part of ur clan so.................................................
billyjoe

Postby Duck » 15 Nov 2014 00:11

Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby billyjoe » 15 Nov 2014 00:18

just close this thread whoever has authority please.................................sory for all this mess....................
billyjoe

Postby qreeves » 15 Nov 2014 02:02

Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Closed Reports