[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - I feel wronged.

I feel wronged.

Reports of cheaters, etc that have been deal with already.

I feel wronged.

Postby freezurbern » 23 Oct 2014 23:30

20141023185417.jpg
Screenshot from demo 1.

I feel that I shouldn't be sent to spectator for intentionally depleting the clock. Then I'm banned for using "buff and grenades" to win at ctf, the very next game?
freezurbern

Re: I feel wronged.

Postby SniperGoth » 23 Oct 2014 23:52

Let me watch the demos first..... because i know duck did abuse authority once or twice this week.

EDIT: yeah, that's not a valid reason for banning people. That's clearly abusive behavior.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby Duck » 24 Oct 2014 00:35

I put you in spectator because I knew why you were camping. Your vote wasn't chosen last match, you mentioned a remark saying 'this is what you get for voting this' in the center match. As for the ban, it wasn't for buff and grenades, I could easily have taken out nades because I have authority on that server. You were calling people faggots and in our server we don't like for people to be called faggots. You think I'd ban someone for using nades and flag buff? I clearly stalled your entire team on deli with flag buff.
Last edited by Duck on 26 Oct 2014 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby shacknetisp » 24 Oct 2014 01:10

I agree that freezurbern was stopping the game's progress, so I think it was reasonable for Duck to spectate him. Calling people faggots is an offensive expression, which is also a legitimate reason to ban.
Beha | Leader of the | |
shacknetisp

Postby shirepirate » 24 Oct 2014 02:05

freezurbern/skiingpenguins can be quite the asshole at times, and has no-one but himself to blame for his recent demotion (i've even banned him myself after a warning because he deserved it for actively disrupting gameplay and not dropping the abusive discussion targeted at a specific person). but, after reviewing both demos a couple things stand out:

while waiting in queue is annoying, interfering in a match when nothing wrong is exactly going on probably shouldn't be done as a standard (that's why team chat exists, to tell players where to find opponents and such).
if a server is going to make such stipulations about what users can say it needs to clearly be in the message of the day (even in the description couldn't hurt).
all moderators / operators need to be following the warning system when it comes to bans, banning on a whim isn't acceptable and it's been happening too much lately.

duck/green/nightwing knows he needs to follow protocol like anyone else, i can vouch there have been other times he's acted in anger rather than good judgement. so hopefully, after this, he will stop doing so, and nothing else will have to be said about it.
shirepirate

Postby Duck » 24 Oct 2014 02:19

Post has been removed.
Last edited by Duck on 26 Oct 2014 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby Duck » 24 Oct 2014 04:29

Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby SniperGoth » 24 Oct 2014 15:59

Camping/waiting for the right moment to strike is an actual tactic, y'know.
I don't think there's need for your operator status to be revoked, as you just need to take things more easily and not too serious. After all, we are a big friendly community :)
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby Piggybear » 24 Oct 2014 16:36

01010000 01101001 01100111 01100111 01111001 01100010 01100101 01100001 01110010
The Ghosts are ALWAY recruiting!. Newbies welcome to apply.
Or apply
Piggybear

Postby freezurbern » 24 Oct 2014 17:01

freezurbern

Postby Piggybear » 24 Oct 2014 17:13

You do realise that a lot of this game's players don't speak English, right? You do realize that some people wait until the end of the round to chat, right? If I want to mainly chat, I will spectate, or use IRC (besides the occasional "Haha" or "Nice Shot"). This calling new players that don't meet YOUR standards "bots" or "ghosts" is just contributing to the new/old beef. Sure, there's rivalry in games, but it's clan vs clan or player vs player, not new players vs old players. Personally, I could care less how long you have play this, or any other game. In my eyes, you are a player, not an old player, not a new player. Just a player. That's how I see everyone, in every game.
01010000 01101001 01100111 01100111 01111001 01100010 01100101 01100001 01110010
The Ghosts are ALWAY recruiting!. Newbies welcome to apply.
Or apply
Piggybear

Return to Closed Reports