Magic Duck Bus 70.27.31.101

Reports of cheaters, etc that have been deal with already.

Magic Duck Bus 70.27.31.101

Postby freezurbern » 29 Sep 2014 00:24

20140928201857.png

20140928201859.png

20140928201903.png

I dislike wallhacks. This person camped the flag inside a wall early game. Sorry I couldn't do more
freezurbern

Re: Magic Duck Bus 70.27.31.101

Postby shirepirate » 29 Sep 2014 03:21

is this a hack, or just taking advantage of the vulnerabilities in older versions of ghost (not clipped properly)? either way it's unacceptable, but a global ban might be a little harsh if it's the latter (this is a player with auth as far as i know).

edit: except for the fact that it's keystone2k :?
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every freedom, there is a new limit. For every joy, a new sorrow. For every act of kindness, an unspeakable cruelty. Where someone succeeds, someone else fails. A new association means a new separation. Loyalty meets treachery, honor breeds disgrace, free expression yields censorship. Each piece of knowledge forms new ignorance. Even death gives rise to new life. But the balance of existence is the beginning of wisdom and discernment.
shirepirate

Postby radiant » 29 Sep 2014 03:56

Looking at the keystone map, there's a stray SMG weapon entity behind that wall between the green and red corners (but the wall on the other side, between blue and yellow, has no corresponding weapon for symmetry). It could be a remnant of an old map version if that path was ever not blocked off before, but I'm not familiar with the past history of keystone, and anything that old is sure to be incompatible with any 1.4.* versions.
radiant

Postby unixfreak » 29 Sep 2014 04:50

radiant wrote:Looking at the keystone map, there's a stray SMG weapon entity behind that wall between the green and red corners (but the wall on the other side, between blue and yellow, has no corresponding weapon for symmetry). It could be a remnant of an old map version if that path was ever not blocked off before, but I'm not familiar with the past history of keystone, and anything that old is sure to be incompatible with any 1.4.* versions.

I imagine the SMG was misclicked with entsnap enabled, and someone noticed an smg missing, so they just added another.
As for the "wallhack"... i'm going to assume it is a geometry glitch. I just played about trying to get out of the map, and i had partial success. At least, i managed to move inside of some clip material.

This highlighted cube:
You can slide your way into the clip material, but it's rather hard to do and takes a long time (unless there's a better method). I was crouching/sliding/impulsing whilst changing aim.

These highlighted cubes, you can stand on. Although i can't "fall through" from the noclip area that i think can be broken out of, you would be able to jump down to that invisible ledge.

Standing on the ledge as the OP screenshots:

However;
freezurbern wrote:Image

You can't stand on any material/invisible ledges at that higher up location, so i can't be sure if it is just a geometry glitch. It might be a modified client.
unixfreak

Postby qreeves » 29 Sep 2014 04:54

This person has probably just edited their version of the map. This is why demos are more useful than a report with a smattering of screenshots, it creates to much room for debate due to the lack of comprehensive information. Due to the source of the information though I believe the accusation to be true.

UPDATE: Banned. Thank you for your report.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
Check Out My YouTube Channel | Leave Me a Tip on PayPal
Contribute to Project Costs via PayPal or Patreon
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Duck » 29 Sep 2014 21:52

Hello, I would like to provide you guys with two demos that suggest Magic Duck Bus (Ricky Simone) is not a hacker.

To begin with, lets look at the one from Keystone.
https://mega.co.nz/#!GsICXLob!at1uOealk68L2WhJMaelzMXBffrK0zrFLP84mf0nOIc

Another one that is just saying it can be done in almost any maps that has curved blocks
https://mega.co.nz/#!ngITSCbL!HdnpJMJ18qebO8gzt9d7w-q93fXhglSDIGt4t8PvsUQ

Magic Duck Bus spends a lot of his time trying to perfect things like this, I can assure you that he can recreate the one that unifreax doubted about. I will get a demo from him and try to recreate it myself (so I can be certain it is not a map hack)

I know it is not anyone's fault that Magic Duck Bus has been banned due to a false report of hacking because of our minimal amount of information, but can we please take actions after it is certain they have hacked?
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby qreeves » 30 Sep 2014 03:16

Technically being inside a wall is a violation of the guidelines as it is disruptive to normal gameplay. Instead of reporting the bugs, they exploited them, so the ban remains until they understand that.
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby freezurbern » 30 Sep 2014 03:28

The person already changed their IP.
Edit: can i request my auth name be changed like ricky did?
freezurbern

Postby qreeves » 30 Sep 2014 05:27

freezurbern wrote:can i request my auth name be changed like ricky did?

Done.
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Duck » 30 Sep 2014 19:34

qreeves wrote:Technically being inside a wall is a violation of the guidelines as it is disruptive to normal gameplay. Instead of reporting the bugs, they exploited them, so the ban remains until they understand that.

I understand, what is a good way to know that the person has learned their lesson? Should they contact you via pm or perhaps another method?

More importantly, how would we fix this issue? Considering that it can be done with various maps.

One more thing, when I find minor bugs such as this, where is a good place to post them? I think it would be unwise to make a new topic every time I stumble upon a bug.
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby shirepirate » 30 Sep 2014 20:01

Duck wrote:One more thing, when I find minor bugs such as this, where is a good place to post them? I think it would be unwise to make a new topic every time I stumble upon a bug.

if it's a map bug or clip-related issue like this post in the maps thread so we can fix it with 1.5
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every freedom, there is a new limit. For every joy, a new sorrow. For every act of kindness, an unspeakable cruelty. Where someone succeeds, someone else fails. A new association means a new separation. Loyalty meets treachery, honor breeds disgrace, free expression yields censorship. Each piece of knowledge forms new ignorance. Even death gives rise to new life. But the balance of existence is the beginning of wisdom and discernment.
shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 01 Oct 2014 01:35

shirepirate wrote:
Duck wrote:One more thing, when I find minor bugs such as this, where is a good place to post them? I think it would be unwise to make a new topic every time I stumble upon a bug.

if it's a map bug or clip-related issue like this post in the maps thread so we can fix it with 1.5

Yeah, that ^

I don't usually ask questions or offer to talk about it until the perpetrator approaches the community to fix the ban. It isn't our job to chase after people who are disruptive. If they don't approach us, then I clear the ban after about a month. Repeat offense, six months, repeat again and it is permaban plus I tell everyone to them on sight.

I also need to know what the issue is, specifically. Is it clipping bugs or physics?
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Closed Reports