[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - playing online without viewing guidelines

playing online without viewing guidelines

Issues that were previously reported and since dealt with.
Forum rules
This issue tracker is now in read-only mode. Please see for more information on how to contribute to Red Eclipse.

playing online without viewing guidelines

Postby shirepirate » 24 Nov 2014 00:29

i assume by opening the game up this may be consent that you agree to the guidelines written for Red Eclipse multiplayer and such, but using the console it's easy to connect to any server including the official server without ever agreeing to these guidelines by clicking "i accept." not that it would be likely to happen from a new player, but it's still a completely valid argument that could be made when later held accountable for breaking these guidelines. i.e. i never saw them, i connected directly and never agreed to anything, etc

not sure what a solution to this could be just yet, but i'd consider it an issue that needs to be fixed somehow.
shirepirate

Re: playing online without viewing guidelines

Postby Duck » 24 Nov 2014 00:45

While we're on topic about guidelines, I would like to adress a related issue. There are some people out there who cannot play the game modes right, as a result they break what our guidelines says. For example, I've seen many new players just pick up the flag and run around, eventually give it to the enemy. This can be due to language barrier, or just inexperience to these types of games but it still seems like a problem. I think it would be wise to have some type of test or demonstration before letting a new player join the game for the first time.
Perhaps a simple video stating basic facts such as the color of your skin determines or a test might solve both of our problems.
The only issue I see with this though is it might make the person uninstall the game due to lack of patience.
Leader of *ACE*
Duck

Postby qreeves » 24 Nov 2014 04:49

Also an opinion, not a bug. I caution you against making further posts to Issue Tracker.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 24 Nov 2014 05:18

it's an opinion that you can in fact connect to a multiplayer server without agreeing to any guidelines, and do whatever the fuck you want? bullshit, it's an exploit (probably 0-day) and should be patched
shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 24 Nov 2014 08:07

It's an opinion because it hasn't been determined yet if it is a serious thing that even needs addressing, which means community discussion on the topic is needed first. Perhaps I am being too ambiguous in the rules for the Issue Tracker, because people keep doing this, but I don't want every single thought people might have posted there. It is there for serious things that I need to fix right away, or for community decision results, nothing else. I prioritise dealing with the Issue Tracker, because if there is a serious issue when I wake up, it usually needs to be dealt with straight away, whether I am caffeinated adequately or not (more often not, and cranky).

UPDATE: I did it anyway, seeing as I have been messing around with global menus a lot recently.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Closed Issues