auth command in r6695

Issues that were previously reported and since dealt with.
Forum rules
This issue tracker is now in read-only mode. Please see this topic for more information on how to contribute to Red Eclipse.

auth command in r6695

Postby shirepirate » 20 Aug 2014 04:56

in svn r6695 the /auth command has stopped working (at least for local credentials). oddly enough when you join it elevates you to the proper auth, if you have that setting set.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every freedom, there is a new limit. For every joy, a new sorrow. For every act of kindness, an unspeakable cruelty. Where someone succeeds, someone else fails. A new association means a new separation. Loyalty meets treachery, honor breeds disgrace, free expression yields censorship. Each piece of knowledge forms new ignorance. Even death gives rise to new life. But the balance of existence is the beginning of wisdom and discernment.
shirepirate

Re: auth command in r6695

Postby qreeves » 20 Aug 2014 05:03

Local credentials?
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
Check Out My YouTube Channel | Leave Me a Tip on PayPal
Contribute to Project Costs via PayPal or Patreon
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 20 Aug 2014 05:17

well, it wouldn't load my player global auth either so i suppose local & global auth command is broken. but as i said, works fine on connect.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every freedom, there is a new limit. For every joy, a new sorrow. For every act of kindness, an unspeakable cruelty. Where someone succeeds, someone else fails. A new association means a new separation. Loyalty meets treachery, honor breeds disgrace, free expression yields censorship. Each piece of knowledge forms new ignorance. Even death gives rise to new life. But the balance of existence is the beginning of wisdom and discernment.
shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 20 Aug 2014 07:02

That so doesn't help clarify it for me. What the hell is a local auth?
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 20 Aug 2014 18:27

sorry, talking about auth limited to a specific server, not across all servers (the game calls that local, idk what else to call it?). but i can't take any auth at all on my own updated server with the /auth command, yet on connection it's fine if that option is ticked. if you relinquish auth and try to /auth again it also doesn't work though. didn't try it with setting a password and using that, as it was never necessary before (don't know if RE is even set up for that like sauer).
shirepirate

Postby insanity » 20 Aug 2014 23:04

Just tested, same issue on my SVN RE server, I can use /authconnect 1 and get authenticated just fine, but turning authconnect off and then typing /auth after connecting results in "auth request failed, please check your credentials".
insanity

Postby qreeves » 21 Aug 2014 01:39

Oh okay, confusion over terminology. Auth is the system by which your handle is verified using the master server by exchanging keys. It is a global system, addlocalop just allows those global handles to get access their defaults don't provide. Anyway, thanks for clarifying, I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby qreeves » 24 Aug 2014 04:00

Fixed.
qreeves