Can not pick up flags in r6665

Issues that were previously reported and since dealt with.
Forum rules
This issue tracker is now in read-only mode. Please see this topic for more information on how to contribute to Red Eclipse.

Can not pick up flags in r6665

Postby freezurbern » 28 Jul 2014 16:48

While trying to find whatever was crashing shirepirate in viewtopic.php?f=9&t=257 on the map ghost, I discovered one can not pick up flags. I tried running over them, pressing the button, spamming the button, even typing /affinity. I couldn't get it to work. A fix for this would be greatly appreciated! (I wanna zap some flag carriers, yo!)

Also, dunno if this matters, but:
1.4.9-win32, AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series
Windows 7 64bit Professional

A few other things: While playing on darkness, I randomly got:
Code: Select all
unregistered sound: 8795930
could not read fonts/sub.cfg

The sound was while I was in the flag bases, and I don't remember what caused the sub.cfg error.
freezurbern

Re: Can not pick up flags in r6665

Postby SniperGoth » 28 Jul 2014 17:14

I thought i was the only one having this issue, as a isolated problem, that's why i didn't made a thread for it because of that.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby Bobbo » 28 Jul 2014 18:21

If the intended behaviour in 1.5 is that you have to press F to pick up the enemy flag, that's a pretty horrid idea.

People already miss those notifications, and now you want to possibly make people accidentally drop the flag they're currently carrying because of timing or lag from another player? No, just no.
Bobbo

Postby freezurbern » 28 Jul 2014 18:27

After testing quite a few revisions this afternoon, r6620 is the one that broke flag pickups in svn.
freezurbern

Postby qreeves » 29 Jul 2014 01:01

Bobbo wrote:If the intended behaviour in 1.5 is that you have to press F to pick up the enemy flag, that's a pretty horrid idea.

People already miss those notifications, and now you want to possibly make people accidentally drop the flag they're currently carrying because of timing or lag from another player? No, just no.

God, will you just STFU already? You are really starting to piss me off. It is a bug, not "another horrid idea by Quin".
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
Check Out My YouTube Channel | Leave Me a Tip on PayPal
Contribute to Project Costs via PayPal or Patreon
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Bobbo » 29 Jul 2014 01:13

qreeves wrote:
Bobbo wrote:If the intended behaviour in 1.5 is that you have to press F to pick up the enemy flag, that's a pretty horrid idea.

God, will you just STFU already? You are really starting to piss me off. It is a bug, not "another horrid idea by Quin".

That's why I said if.

Odd bug, but whatever. ^^
Bobbo

Return to Closed Issues