SVN deli revision

Issues that were previously reported and since dealt with.
Forum rules
This issue tracker is now in read-only mode. Please see this topic for more information on how to contribute to Red Eclipse.

SVN deli revision

Postby Bobbo » 26 Jul 2014 11:48

Fixed a few geometry errors I left behind from before.
set mapbalance 1.

PS: We need a new clip material to block flags to inhibit flag-toss abuse, alternatively, fix flag tossing.
Attachments
deli_fix.zip
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
Bobbo

Re: SVN deli revision

Postby freezurbern » 26 Jul 2014 13:03

Bobbo wrote:PS: We need a new clip material to block flags to inhibit flag-toss abuse, alternatively, fix flag tossing.

Would game clip be used there? Though I'm not sure if flags bounce off of gameclip,clip,etc
freezurbern

Postby Bobbo » 26 Jul 2014 21:51

freezurbern wrote:
Bobbo wrote:PS: We need a new clip material to block flags to inhibit flag-toss abuse, alternatively, fix flag tossing.

Would game clip be used there? Though I'm not sure if flags bounce off of gameclip,clip,etc

Flags like projectiles travel through clip.

There is no gameclip in RE (at least, not in the materials menu?)
Bobbo

Postby Calinou » 27 Jul 2014 16:41

Bobbo wrote:
freezurbern wrote:

Flags like projectiles travel through clip.

There is no gameclip in RE (at least, not in the materials menu?)

It's called /aiclip because it wasn't renamed. It blocks monsters, maybe prevents flag drops when inside and base captures and that's pretty much it.
Calinou

Postby Bobbo » 27 Jul 2014 16:52

Calinou wrote:It's called /aiclip because it wasn't renamed. It blocks monsters, maybe prevents flag drops when inside and base captures and that's pretty much it.

Flags travel through ai-clip.
Bobbo

Postby qreeves » 28 Jul 2014 03:27

Aiclip only prohibits the generation of waypoints in those zones. I would like to have some time to think about the way I would like to deal with this issue.

Also getting a little tired of comments like "fix stun", "fix flag tossing", etc. I'm not your servant, all you are accomplishing is making me not want to be around to constantly hear it.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
Check Out My YouTube Channel | Leave Me a Tip on PayPal
Contribute to Project Costs via PayPal or Patreon
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby shirepirate » 28 Jul 2014 06:45

an "affinity clip" doesn't seem out of the question, but i think personally i'm against it. it doesn't make sense at all that because you can throw flags it would magically bounce back in mid-air. i think that's a terrible idea. instead players should learn to adopt the strategy of not simply dying and letting the enemy have the flag when in a high risk situation.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every freedom, there is a new limit. For every joy, a new sorrow. For every act of kindness, an unspeakable cruelty. Where someone succeeds, someone else fails. A new association means a new separation. Loyalty meets treachery, honor breeds disgrace, free expression yields censorship. Each piece of knowledge forms new ignorance. Even death gives rise to new life. But the balance of existence is the beginning of wisdom and discernment.
shirepirate

Postby qreeves » 28 Jul 2014 07:02

Or simply resetting the flag when it spends X amount of time inside clip material.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
Check Out My YouTube Channel | Leave Me a Tip on PayPal
Contribute to Project Costs via PayPal or Patreon
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Bobbo » 28 Jul 2014 07:07

qreeves wrote:Or simply resetting the flag when it spends X amount of time inside clip material.

That time will need to be decently short.

You can very nearly flag toss from one base to the other on deli now.
Bobbo

Return to Closed Issues