[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Weapon pickup delay

Weapon pickup delay

Issues that were previously reported and since dealt with.
Forum rules
This issue tracker is now in read-only mode. Please see for more information on how to contribute to Red Eclipse.

Weapon pickup delay

Postby acerspyro » 04 May 2014 17:19

I think this has always been a bug (and no, it's not lag, as it happens on my 15 miliseconds server aswell). It's annoying, like you want to put a mine on someone before you die, but you die before picking up the mine because of this bug. I'd really LOVE to see this fixed, I think it's a major issue.
*screams internally*
acerspyro

Re: Weapon pickup delay

Postby SylvieLorxu » 04 May 2014 18:27

If you mean the delay between picking up a weapon and being able to use it, this is intentional as far as I'm aware. You should see some kind of (short) animation. If that's not what you mean, please give some more information?
SylvieLorxu / TheLastProject | Global Administrator, Red Eclipse | Signature thief
SylvieLorxu

Postby freezurbern » 04 May 2014 18:43

I have witnessed this too, though I can't place what's causing it. I don't think it has to do with server lag either, as I have experienced it with a normal 40 ping.

When picking up a weapon, there is sometimes a delay (or not even picking it up at all, and having to press the key again) I see this mostly with grenades since that's what I pickup the most. The client makes no indication that it failed to pick it up, quite simply nothing happens. I'm unsure of whether this would be apparent in a demo, though I will grab the demo if it happens to me.
freezurbern

Postby acerspyro » 04 May 2014 19:13

*screams internally*
acerspyro

Postby qreeves » 05 May 2014 02:14

It is just packet delay, I experience quite severely when my ping is in upwards of 300ms. This is about the only thing that the server controls, so you have to wait for it to acknowledge the request (because someone could pick it up moments before you did).

Please stop flooding the tracker with non-issues. You are violating the rules.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Closed Issues