[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Red Eclipse • View topic - Options for alternate keybind states

Options for alternate keybind states

Issues that were previously reported and since dealt with.
Forum rules
This issue tracker is now in read-only mode. Please see for more information on how to contribute to Red Eclipse.

Options for alternate keybind states

Postby toupas » 24 Apr 2014 17:56

Hi,

First of all i'm sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place. I became interested in testing redeclipse and as a touchtyper i had to remap my controls and as i enter the editing mode it seems that the editing keybinds override my "game" keybinds and so i can't move in some directions when editing. Again as a touchtyper i have experienced that some games don't bind actions to letters (e.g. "w" = foward) but they map key codes to actions and so when a user diferent keyboard layout the keys are "automagically" adapted.

PS.: I'm also a programmer, and despite the fact of my lack of experience with game programming, if there's an easy way that i can fix this i will gladly do it.
toupas

Re: Conflicting controls

Postby SylvieLorxu » 24 Apr 2014 18:34

Known issue. You'll have to manually set the binds with /bind. The issue is that edit has its own keybindings. As a dvorakist, I know your pain.

(Hopefully someone else can jump in and tell me what to bind exactly)
SylvieLorxu / TheLastProject | Global Administrator, Red Eclipse | Signature thief
SylvieLorxu

Postby acerspyro » 24 Apr 2014 18:40

Would it be /editbind w forward?
*screams internally*
acerspyro

Postby toupas » 24 Apr 2014 20:41

Thanks for the reply. Concerning my sugestion, for what i searched it seems that the solution that i presented comes with using sdl keycodes instead of scancodes.
toupas

Re: Options for alternate keybind states

Postby qreeves » 25 Apr 2014 03:53

Renamed topic; the issue here is there aren't extra tabs on the keybinding GUI for editing the other keybind states. An easy fix in the menus, will get too it soon.

Request: Someone want to collate the different actions in the other keybind states so I can incorporate them into the new menus?
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby acerspyro » 25 Apr 2014 16:31

How about a button to "automagically" convert QWERTY keybinds into Dvorak keybinds and vice versa? (Same for AZERTY and other layouts, a drop-down box would do the job to select it)
*screams internally*
acerspyro

Postby qreeves » 27 Apr 2014 08:36

Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
|
Contribute to Project Costs via or
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby qreeves » 05 May 2014 02:16

I still need action/title pairs.