Problems to connect to servers

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc

Problems to connect to servers

Postby Alxa » 12 Mar 2017 14:32

For almost a year i have been having trouble joining servers. I can't even join if there are people already in. I don't have problems with other games so i don't know what it could be. Can someone help troubleshoot this?

Maybe our internet provider is the one to blame, since LuisAntonio also has similar -lesser- problems.
I'm pure love to everyone. Official RE Duel Commentator.
Alxa

Re: Problems to connect to servers

Postby qreeves » 13 Mar 2017 02:52

When this issue crops up, it is usually due to routing problems between the client and the chosen server, and appears to happen most when European and South American players try to access North American and Oceania servers. I don't have any information on how to fix this other than suggesting you use servers located geographically closer to you.

Servers will automatically terminate a connection if the client doesn't finish logging in within 15 seconds. This is partly a flood protection mechanism.
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby SniperGoth » 13 Mar 2017 17:56

Personally, if i try to connect to the Official Server, i get "connected", then disconnected.
Also, everyone is disconnected from that match.
There was also one time where everyone seemed to lose their auths when i did a visit to it.
That's why no one ever sees me playing on there, as i avoid it like the plague.
This also happens for me on Acerspyro's.
Ah, and that time where you were streaming and everyone crashed, Qreeves, was me trying to join to see if it would work, but didn't (Sorry for that, wasn't made on purpose).
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby qreeves » 14 Mar 2017 02:53

If that's true, then there's a bug that needs to be fixed, which isn't going to happen unless someone who has the problem actually debugs it.
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Alxa » 16 Mar 2017 23:31

For some strange reason, i can join games as long as i have torrent open. It still takes a while to join a game but at least i can play now.
I'm pure love to everyone. Official RE Duel Commentator.
Alxa

Postby freezurbern » 22 Mar 2017 11:58

Alxa wrote:For some strange reason, i can join games as long as i have torrent open. It still takes a while to join a game but at least i can play now.

This reminds me of issues seen on raspberry pi's with wifi dongles.

Try connecting while you are pinging an address. Keep the ping command running and try pinging your router, and try pinging an internet ip (ex: google dns 8.8.8.8).
If you can also connect while pinging, I'd say there's something going to powersave / shutting down with no network activity.
freezurbern

Postby qreeves » 24 Mar 2017 05:16

freezurbern wrote:
Alxa wrote:For some strange reason, i can join games as long as i have torrent open. It still takes a while to join a game but at least i can play now.

This reminds me of issues seen on raspberry pi's with wifi dongles.

It is worth noting that RE uses UDP between clients and servers, which is a connection-less protocol. I guess this could cause some things to not recognise the network is use.
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Help and Support