FPS lowered when looking at ingame Server List & Scoreboard

Get help for installation issues, playing problems, mapping troubles, etc

FPS lowered when looking at ingame Server List & Scoreboard

Postby Danfun64 » 16 Apr 2017 20:15

I recently reinstalled Red Eclipse. However, I find that whatever reason fps drops when I try looking for servers or if I press tab in a server to look at the scoreboard. I never had this problem before on this computer, but then I was using a different operating system. What should I do?
Danfun64

Re: FPS lowered when looking at ingame Server List & Scorebo

Postby shirepirate » 16 Apr 2017 22:44

are using the correct GPU? (in other words, not onboard graphics). should show in the bottom-right corner of the screen in menus
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every freedom, there is a new limit. For every joy, a new sorrow. For every act of kindness, an unspeakable cruelty. Where someone succeeds, someone else fails. A new association means a new separation. Loyalty meets treachery, honor breeds disgrace, free expression yields censorship. Each piece of knowledge forms new ignorance. Even death gives rise to new life. But the balance of existence is the beginning of wisdom and discernment.
shirepirate

Postby SniperGoth » 17 Apr 2017 00:49

Nah, it doesn't have to do with the GPU.
I also have this problem, it has something to do with the UI, and as far as i know, quin is porting over Tesseract's one, and that will fix this up when it gets fully implemented.
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby qreeves » 17 Apr 2017 00:53

The old menus were a real performance drain, and the new UI system improves that a lot.

There was also a bug in the 1.5.x series where whenever it was displaying a texture for a key bind (eg. "Press X to do blah") it would keep loading endlessly instead of properly caching the result. This actually caused a crash if you played for too long. I fixed this in the stable branch, so if you haven't let the auto-updater run, you should probably do so.
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to Help and Support