[VANITIES] new vanities

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc

[VANITIES] new vanities

Postby Dziq » 29 Apr 2016 13:50

updated: 04 may 2061

These vanities are my first attempts in creating a such items for RE. These using a player custom colour so they fit good a player model

Feel free to test these, criticize, give feedback etc :)
Any requests for another one ?

PREVIEWS:

cap:
ImageImageImage

headphones:
ImageImageImage

glasses:
ImageImageImage

rat:
ImageImageImageImage

Code: Select all
addvanity 1     "glasses1"              "glasses1"          "tag_glasses"       3   2       // eyes
addvanity 3     "cap"                   "cap"               "tag_headtop"       3           // forehead
addvanity 4     "headphones"            "headphones"        "tag_headtop"       3           // ears
addvanity 9     "rat/rat_right"         "rat"               "tag_rshoulder"     1   2       // right shoulder
addvanity 10    "rat/rat_left"          "rat"               "tag_lshoulder"     1   2       // left shoulder

older post:
Quin: How about making another slot for that 'cap' vanity ? Now it's using a 'tag_headtop' but it's really do not overlap other vanities. Also when this minimalistic cap is choosen, player can't use headphones or other vanities like crown, tophat, afro etc. I know its only one cap now but will be more. Any suggestions ?
Attachments
dziq_vanities.zip
(913.34 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Last edited by Dziq on 16 Jan 2017 13:03, edited 4 times in total.
Dziq

Re: [VANITIES] cap, headphones and glasses

Postby qreeves » 30 Apr 2016 05:49

I've created base:issue:474 so I'll remember to get this done for v1.5.5.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
Check Out My YouTube Channel | Leave Me a Tip on PayPal
Contribute to Project Costs via PayPal or Patreon
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby bonifarz » 30 Apr 2016 14:50

I have added anchors for forehead and ears to the menu and to vanities.cfg. I think this is the best solution for now, and hope i have not missed any other issues with this.
bonifarz

Postby Dziq » 30 Apr 2016 16:50

Boni's idea is great, now player can do more customization since there more slots now :) its really great.
I wanted now to make my headphones to use 'ear' slot, but maybe I should wait what Quin have to say ? maybe he dislike idea of new slots in player vanity menu ? (hope he agree ;)

I have another great request for vanity item, an ammo belt. But it's almost impossible to do - like some other great meshes, why you ask ? because that belt for example fits greatly on male model, but on female totally not :\

To devs: It's a way to implement something like new mdlcommand or something like that, so vanity use another mesh and cfg file if female is choosen by player ? hope you understand what I mean
That way when player is a male then 'vanity/belt_male' should be displayed, otherwise 'vanity/belt_female'.
This will allow to make even more fitting vanities and of course much more of them will be possible to do.

look how the same mesh looks in the same position on male (fiting nicely) and female (:(..)

Image Image

what I should do ? scrap a fair amount of the best vanities I have in mind ? :/
Dziq

Postby bonifarz » 01 May 2016 08:28

I don't know what can be done on the engine side, but from a menu/cubescript point of view, this is certainly possible:
- make separate vanities with different offsets and male/female in their identifier
- in the menu, skip *male if the model is female and vice versa
- on the gender radio button, switch male/female vanities

Side note: That rat-thing seems to have a pretty high triangle count for its relative size.
bonifarz

Postby qreeves » 01 May 2016 10:46

I'm not worried about creating extra slots if you guys want to make them. If you need run-time stuff like choosing stuff based on male/female then just use sub-folders ("vanity/male" "vanity/female") and I can add a flag to make it check for that (please put the request on the issue tracker if you need it). And yeah, watch those triangles, too many is bad.
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Dziq » 01 May 2016 12:23

:) I create an ticket because that feature will allow me to do some great vanities :) rat have 740 polys, its too much ? I dont know how many triangles a Panda have because I can't open .iqm files so hard to compare.
Dziq

Postby bonifarz » 01 May 2016 12:52

Well, since you are among the players with limited machine power, i suggest you try the performance of your vanities yourself. If you see a drop in fps with a bunch of bots that use either panda or your new vanity, it is not a good sign. But anyway, I guess it is a good idea to get feedback from someone who has already contributed some vanitites.
bonifarz

Postby blakthunder » 01 May 2016 16:46

Dziq wrote::) I create an ticket because that feature will allow me to do some great vanities :) rat have 740 polys, its too much ? I dont know how many triangles a Panda have because I can't open .iqm files so hard to compare.

I don't know if it can output the number of triangles in a model, but there's a program called Noesis Model Viewer that can view iqm files (and really pretty much any model file), theoretically it also converts them but I've yet to see it work.
blakthunder

Postby LostSouls » 01 May 2016 17:29

I found it interesting the vanities with animals example the panda. Could have other animas but they would have to be ' Easy to carry on the shoulder .' No one will load a horse or a seat on the shoulder ^^
LostSouls

Postby bonifarz » 02 May 2016 12:41

So, quin implemented your FR, it seems you can handle the model name with subdirs just like the privs for the badge. In the last column of config/vanitites.cfg, use style 2 for this.
bonifarz

Postby Dziq » 02 May 2016 13:02

Im not clearly sure how tu use that feat. I should use vanities/male and vanities/female in this case ?
Dziq

Postby bonifarz » 02 May 2016 13:22

I think for example vanitites/rat/male and vanities/rat/female, but I am not sure.

Concerning the problem reported here: https://github.com/red-eclipse/base/com ... a3a838b48e
When you use these with the master branch, i recommend a config/vanities.cfg like this:

Code: Select all
resetvanity
// zone:   unique definition that can each only hold one vanity
// model:  vanity model folder
// name:   friendly name for viewing
// tag:    tag on player where vanity attaches
// cond:   bitwise: 1 = not on first person body, 2 = not on headless model
// style:  add folder for: 1= player priv level, 2 = player model
//     zone model                   name                tag              cond   style   // zone name
addvanity 0 "badge"                 "badge"             "tag_badge"         1   1       // chest
addvanity 0 "chestplate"            "chestplate"        "tag_badge"         1           // chest
addvanity 1 "monocle/classy"        "classy monocle"    "tag_eyepiece"      3           // eyes
addvanity 1 "monocle/bionic"        "bionic monocle"    "tag_eyepiece"      3           // eyes
addvanity 1 "eye"                   "eye"               "tag_eyepiece"      3           // eyes
addvanity 1 "microeye"              "microeye"          "tag_glasses"       3           // eyes
addvanity 1 "nightvision"           "nightvision"       "tag_glasses"       3           // eyes
    addvanity 1 "glasses1"              "glasses1"          "tag_glasses"       3           // eyes
addvanity 2 "tophat/felt"           "felt tophat"       "tag_headtop"       3           // head
addvanity 2 "tophat/metal"          "metal tophat"      "tag_headtop"       3           // head
addvanity 2 "crown"                 "crown"             "tag_headtop"       3           // head
addvanity 2 "brain"                 "brain"             "tag_headtop"       3           // head
addvanity 2 "afro"                  "afro"              "tag_headtop"       3           // head
addvanity 2 "prophat"               "propeller"         "tag_headtop"       3           // head
addvanity 2 "witchhat"              "witch hat"         "tag_headtop"       3           // head
addvanity 2 "pumpkin"               "pumpkin"           "tag_headtop"       3           // head
addvanity 3 "horns"                 "horns"             "tag_headtop"       3           // forehead
    addvanity 3 "cap"                   "cap"               "tag_headtop"       3           // head
addvanity 4 "foxears"               "fox ears"          "tag_headtop"       3           // ears
addvanity 4 "antenna/right"         "antenna right"     "tag_headtop"       3           // ears
addvanity 4 "antenna/left"          "antenna left"      "tag_headtop"       3           // ears
    addvanity 4 "headphones"            "headphones"        "tag_headtop"       3           // head
addvanity 5 "mask"                  "mask"              "tag_headtop"       3           // face
addvanity 5 "moustache"             "moustache"         "tag_moustache"     3           // face
addvanity 6 "wings"                 "wings"             "tag_wings"         1           // back
addvanity 6 "guitar"                "guitar"            "tag_back"          1           // back
addvanity 6 "blade"                 "blade"             "tag_back"          1           // back
addvanity 6 "blade/twin"            "twin blade"        "tag_back"          1           // back
addvanity 6 "prongs"                "prongs"            "tag_wings"         1           // back
addvanity 6 "disc"                  "disc"              "tag_wings"         1           // back
addvanity 6 "staff"                 "staff"             "tag_back"          1           // back
addvanity 7 "boots/right"           "boots right"       "tag_rtoe"                      // right foot
addvanity 7 "boots2/right"          "boots2 right"      "tag_rtoe"                      // right foot
addvanity 7 "raptor/right"          "raptor foot right" "tag_rtoe"                      // right foot
addvanity 8 "boots/left"            "boots left"        "tag_ltoe"                      // left foot
addvanity 8 "boots2/left"           "boots2 left"       "tag_ltoe"                      // left foot
addvanity 8 "raptor/left"           "raptor foot left"  "tag_ltoe"                      // left foot
addvanity 9 "panda"                 "shoulder panda"    "tag_rshoulder"     1           // right shoulder
addvanity 9 "shoulder/right"        "shoulder right"    "tag_rshoulder"     1           // right shoulder
addvanity 9 "shoulder2/right"       "shoulder2 right"   "tag_rshoulder"     1           // right shoulder
addvanity 9 "shoulder3/right"       "shoulder3 right"   "tag_rshoulder"     1           // right shoulder
addvanity 10 "shoulder/left"         "shoulder left"     "tag_lshoulder"     1           // left shoulder
addvanity 10 "shoulder2/left"        "shoulder2 left"    "tag_lshoulder"     1           // left shoulder
addvanity 10 "shoulder3/left"        "shoulder3 left"    "tag_lshoulder"     1           // left shoulder

If we can get these vanities into master, this should not be a problem.
bonifarz

Postby Dziq » 02 May 2016 13:33

this is working ok. but not when my vanities are defined in autoexec.cfg. Earlier it works, now it is not :\
This is problem when working on some new ones..
Dziq

Postby bonifarz » 02 May 2016 14:11

That would make the menu code again more complicated. But isn't it nicer to put your "addvantity" commands in home/config/vanities.cg rather than home/autoexec.cfg? Also, note the above example attaches the headset to the ears and the cap to the forehead slot.

EDIT: Does not matter any more with my last menu update. You can add vanitites in any ordering.
bonifarz

Postby Dziq » 04 May 2016 20:29

Another one done, rat. It's a first vanity item that use two meshes - one for male and one for female. its just one additional file compared to standard vanity with just one mesh. additional file size is just 50kb so should be ok.
ImageImageImage
First post updated:
-all my vanities are packed in zip
-these vanities use new vanity slots now (cap, glasses)
-glasses vanity have its own cfg for female model
-everything is complete and low polygon-wise as possible
Dziq

Postby qreeves » 05 May 2016 02:20

Can we get a variant of the rat that is albino? I used to keep pet rats and preferred albinos.
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Dziq » 05 May 2016 13:00

You mean whiteish variant ? At first I made it like that but now its darkened more. :) I can made its as albino, no problem for me.

I have one problem with this rat, I used mdlmaterial 1 and mask texture have alpha 100% everywhere except eyes, but still a player colour is applied (slightly but its present) - this is a reason why I changed rat skin to dark color. This is normal ?
Dziq

Postby bonifarz » 05 May 2016 15:05

There's a variable playerlightmix. Do you get a white vanity if you set it to zero? Also, if you consider two colours for the rats, you should put them on different shoulders, so you can have dual rats XD
bonifarz

Postby Dziq » 05 May 2016 19:38

dual rats ? two colours ? .need more input etc :-P now its only one color..
I checked that variable and yes, its because mixing is applied, value is 0.4 for me :-)

I working on flipped rat vanities for left shoulder too, since its good idea, why not.
Dziq

Postby qreeves » 06 May 2016 02:20

Yeah, because the vanities are attached to the player, they inherit the lighting settings applied to them. playerlightmix is a form of team-coloured "fullbright" that we added to enhance the ability to see other players. It's OK to overlook because it is a user setting for the purposes of visibility and you're not really going to be looking that closely at the vanities anyway :)
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Dziq » 07 May 2016 14:54

Dual rats finished, how do you think ?
(package in first post updated too)
Dziq

Postby qreeves » 08 May 2016 03:43

*thumbs up*
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby bonifarz » 08 May 2016 07:14

Dziq wrote:dual rats ? two colours ? .need more input

I just thought that if you want to make an albino and a darker rat, you could use different shoulders, so they can be combined like the shoulder plates.

Do you want to make a pull request on the vanities repo?

EDIT: Ah, cool, the vanities are already included now! :D
bonifarz

Postby Dziq » 08 May 2016 12:15

:-) So they are not so bad then
Dziq

Postby qreeves » 04 Dec 2016 07:17

Request: A Beard!
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby DonGeilo » 04 Dec 2016 10:24

Yeah, some full beard would be nice!
DonGeilo

Re: [VANITIES] new vanities

Postby Dziq » 16 Jan 2017 13:01

Some early beard WIP shoots, how this should look ?
Image Image
Dziq

Postby qreeves » 17 Jan 2017 02:49

:)> (this means I like it)
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Dziq » 14 Feb 2017 05:28

so much time passes and nobody gives a word, eh so I discarded this last beard idea. better to not make stupid things like that I think and invest time in something better.
Dziq

Postby qreeves » 14 Feb 2017 07:46

Can never have too many vanity items!
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Dziq » 14 Feb 2017 10:07

Still don't know about this last one.. we will see :) anyway Im in progress on organizing all vanities in one blend file (something like vanities source file), without this it's hard or almost imposible to make good fiting vanities (now some overlap with some new ones in making). stay tuned. Cheers
Dziq

Postby DonGeilo » 14 Feb 2017 17:25

I think it should be shaped like a massive full beard: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 671a3b.jpg
DonGeilo

Postby Dziq » 24 Feb 2017 20:39

Any better ?

Image Image Image
Dziq

Postby DonGeilo » 24 Feb 2017 22:01

Nice!
DonGeilo

Postby Dziq » 25 Feb 2017 00:20

Don, thanks for suggestion earlier (picture), now I try to add more details (not so much since I plan to limit this mesh to max 400-600 polys - less=better).

Below is first in-game preview, if someone is concerned ;p

EDIT: I should mention that this have 52 polys, version for females (haha) later when done with texturing

Image Image
Dziq

Postby Dziq » 29 Mar 2017 20:43

since beard is finished (in two versions now, short and pointy) along with new animated rats (all merged in RE:master branch), I continue with my vanities project. Now I'm in progress of remade a 'blade' vanity (sword on back). If you ask me I dislike how this item is attached to player (rotated in strange way) and its textures. Now blade have less polys, better normals, textures (?? - maybe not better, just write your thoughts up! all is still a work in progress :) some screens below comparing how this look while in game:

old one:

new one:

both:

in blender view, comparing normals:

This need fixes of course, part in center of blade needs a more glow, and a little better player colour overlay, should I keep this rotation and positioning ? what do you think ?
Dziq

Postby qreeves » 30 Mar 2017 02:58

Yeah, looks pretty good to me.
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Dziq » 08 Apr 2017 03:38

sword is almost finished, I have one problem with visible seams in game and dont know why.. maybe openGL mipmapping issue.. Anyway sword will be ready when I finish second variant of it (dual swords)

for now I present a two new WIP vanities: 'modules' and "bandana', maybe these both need a better name, ideas?

EDIT: modules and bandana waiting for approval to inclusion ;p
Dziq

Return to Maps and Mods