[MAP] Hideous

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc

[MAP] Hideous

Postby DonGeilo » 27 Mar 2017 11:21

Hideous.png

Hideous

I wanted to make a small map that is especially designed for shotgun duels. You are welcome too use other weapons though ;)

Working on the map resulted in this very small and dark-themed map. What is making this map maybe unique is the combination of the bright centre and the very dark corners. There you can change between the different floors unseen and attack your opponent from behind and directly run back into the shadows, planning your next "hideous" attack :twisted:

Although I know that "dark" maps are often criticized, playtesting showed that duelling on this map can be very entertaining. It's creating lots of surprising and scaring situations. Actually the community sems to be extremely divided concerning this map. Please share your ideas about this map.

Supported Modes
Deathmatch (especially duel), DaC
weapons and explosives still to come...

Credits

Don Geilo - idea, execution
lots of players - playtesting

License

CC-BY-SA 4.0 or any later version.
Attachments
hideous.zip
(574.82 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
DonGeilo

Re: [MAP] Hideous

Postby qreeves » 29 Mar 2017 02:49

Reminds me of old Quake 1 DM maps.
qreeves
Site Admin

Re: [MAP] Hideous

Postby Dziq » 29 Mar 2017 23:35

this map is dark in 'externa'l places but not that much so you can still see something :) I like this map, really great for duels, these corridors around are good to make ambush or to be easily killed due to not much space for maneuver :) 8/10 ;p
Dziq

Return to Maps and Mods