data source folder

All posts that don't fit into another category, discuss ideas and other things

data source folder

Postby Iceflower » 12 Feb 2017 16:26

Hey,

i would like to move my texture source files (vector, etc.) out of my community folder into a seperate folder (eg. source-data). The reason is that iam not the only one who create something and the source should not splitted into different folder (in my oppinion).

Files/ directories should be named as the counterpart and follow the same structure as in the RE data. And possible information could be saved into a text file ( sourcename_ReadMe.txt ).

What do you think?
I know my English is cruel. :$
When I talk rubbish correct me.
My public data
Iceflower

Re: data source folder

Postby qreeves » 13 Feb 2017 00:50

Not really necessary, the community repository is for each person to have their own little space to work in and have the benefits of GIT versioning, while also giving the community a way to find source materials for new projects. It's not supposed to be a "source-only" copy of the base repository, and I prefer it if each contributor only used their own directories to avoid stepping on other people's toes.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
Check Out My YouTube Channel | Leave Me a Tip on PayPal
Contribute to Project Costs via PayPal or Patreon
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Iceflower » 13 Feb 2017 17:07

Thats correct!

But i would find it better if we especially exclude the RE data source from this system, because if someone wants to change something he will dont find it immediately, if he finds it at all.
I know my English is cruel. :$
When I talk rubbish correct me.
My public data
Iceflower

Postby qreeves » 14 Feb 2017 07:46

It isn't a requirement of the project to include source files for textures, and the whole process is iterative depending on who is currently making them. I feel it is best to keep it the way it is.
Quinton Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse
Check Out My YouTube Channel | Leave Me a Tip on PayPal
Contribute to Project Costs via PayPal or Patreon
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion