Two years in the making, Red Eclipse is back for the biggest release yet; v1.5 "Aurora Edition".
We've been working hard on all areas of the game, improving weapon balance, refining the user interface, and helping new players learn the game. Included in this release is our new auto-updating mechanism, designed to keep you running the latest improvements and freshest maps.
This release is also our first release as a true community built game. With a recent move to GitHub, the project is now openly developed, allowing everyone to contribute to the game we all love in a format where everyone gets a say (and learns how to contribute at the same time). If you feel like you'd have something to contribute, come see us in action!
New weapon: Electrocute your foes and reduce their agility with the all-purpose Zapper!
New alternate fire mode for the flamer: Do amazing trick jumps and blow away your foes.
New rocket model by Unnamed.
New plasma model by Unnamed.
Rebalanced all weapons, making for a fairer game.
Game mechanics and modes
Rebalanced impulse system: Even faster slides, launches and vaults, but slower regeneration.
Increased buffing timeout tolerances when defending affinities.
- Increased weapon spread when in air / impulsing.
- Better physics and bounce sounds for affinities (flags/points/bombs).
- Footstep sounds, hear people approaching!
- Ability to send a message to a specific player with "whisper".
- Slicker menus, tips and rollover help text.
- Easy in-game access to our IRC chat channel.
- Scoreboard redesign and better colouring.
- Detailed in-game help menu with strategy tips for all game modes and mutators.
- Search filters to find servers and players, maps, variables and commands.
New data assets
- New model for control points used in Defend-and-Control and Bomber-Ball.
- New wakawaka sound.
- Added texture set by Unnamed.
- Added lava texture by Nobiax, applied in maps Hinder, Nova, Tower
|New vanity items|
New main maps
Abuse by ballist1c
Affluence by Greaserpirate
Campgrounds by ballist1c and Greaserpirate
Canyon by restcoser
Castle by FaTony
Condensation by Unnamed
Convolution by Unnamed
Decay by Unixfreak
Enyo by Ulukai
Fortitude by Max Payne
Octavus by Unixfreak
Rooftop by Fatony
New race maps
Absorption by Unnamed
Decomposition by Unnamed
Escape by Goku
Relax by Bonifarz
Steelrat by D.a.M.i.E.n. and TristamK
Tonatiuh by Bonifarz
Wardepot by TristamK
Darkness remixed by Unnamed
Echo remixed by Ulukai
Mist retextured by Unnamed
Nova retextured by Unnamed
Processing remixed by Unnamed
Testchamber retextured by Quin