Next-Gen Red Eclipse Tournament Season Has Begun!

Items of particular interest to the entire community

Next-Gen Red Eclipse Tournament Season Has Begun!

Postby TheAssassin » 18 Apr 2017 23:19

As many of you might have heard already, I have started an attempt to create a season of tournaments this summer! There will be a live stream with music, chat and our community playing Red Eclipse! The most awesome combination you might imagine :D

We plan to live stream the whole event, with live commentating like you might know from sports events! I successfully recruited Urve and Bobbo (and Miguel actually, but there's rumors he doesn't speak English...) as "sports experts" already, and I am going to moderate the event myself (radio-like). I already set up my private studio for the purpose. Also, anyone will be able to join us on the voice chat if they want to :) The more, the better! (Well, not quite true, but still :D)

The games will be lead and moderated by one of us "streamers", too. We plan to automatically pause the games at their beginning and disable the public voting, since we want to have a "gamemaster" like person that controls the game. For this to work properly, I plan to implement either a new mutator called "tournament" (that is disabled of course) that provides these features, or a server side variable that completely changes the server's behavior to a "tournament mode". Either way, I'll work something out.

But the probably best feature of the whole event will be: Everything is going to run with 100% free software and will be made with free contents!

We are currently looking for people who want to participate in any way! We need commentators (while the others are playing, we do not want to exclude anyone), live show guests (talking about you, quin and Hirato ;)), players of course and some PR people who maintain the live chat and other media channels. Also, I need more free music for the background, feel free to post suggestions. (Requirements: Need to be able to share and ideally modify (looping sequences etc.))

The tournaments themselves are at the moment planned as one-day events, with a different structure each, and maybe even split up by location (like eastern hemisphere and a few days later western hemisphere) to get rid of lag. There are no plans for a "super tournament" for the winners of the previous tournaments, at least not at the moment, as the primary goal is having fun.

If you have suggestions, please post your ideas. This is more than just an idea, but not a final draft.

P.S.: Before anyone tries to tell me again: I know about the other tournament, and that it isn't finished. I don't care! This here something independent, and doesn't have anything to do with the running tournament.

TheAssassin

Re: Next-Gen Red Eclipse Tournament Season Has Begun!

Postby mrmister » 19 Apr 2017 15:06

I got summer classes to do, but I should be able to put some time into the matches.

Also, what other tournament? The duel tournament? Cause if its that one, I totes forgot about it and thought it was over.
mrmister

Postby Alxa » 20 Apr 2017 04:41

I can help creating video highlights of the duels :D
I'm pure love to everyone. Official RE Duel Commentator.
Alxa

Postby TheAssassin » 21 Apr 2017 23:06

@mrmister: Yes, I was talking about the duel tournament. It's not over IIRC, but noone really cares anymore either :D

@Alxa: Thanks for offering your help! We'll save demos, and if we want to have some highlights videos, you are the first person I'll send them to ;)

Btw, we've successfully run a first test run tonight, with studio guests Don Geilo, Urvelniel and Beha (thanks for being there with me :)): https://beam.pro/TheAssassin0

We are going to do another test run tomorrow! My guests will be the same as tonight, but maybe some more of you decide to join our chats :) Even if you just want to listen, it's more comfortable to get the voice chat without much lag, the Beam stream will be delayed about 20-30 seconds. https://mumble.redeclipse.net !
TheAssassin

Postby DonGeilo » 22 Apr 2017 07:41

TheAssassin wrote:We are going to do another test run tomorrow! My guests will be the same as tonight, but

... will not use the vocoder this time. :D
DonGeilo

Postby TheAssassin » 22 Apr 2017 11:16

@Alxa: Since you're the (semi-)"official duel commentator", you might join us on Mumble too ;)
TheAssassin

Postby Alxa » 23 Apr 2017 00:30

sure, why not? :D
I'm pure love to everyone. Official RE Duel Commentator.
Alxa

Return to News and Articles