[MAP] Hostile Town Version: 2.5 - Updated Pics

User created maps and modifications, showcase your latest map, model, etc

[MAP] Hostile Town Version: 2.5 - Updated Pics

Postby Zero » 24 Jan 2017 03:38

Hostile Town
"Hostile Town" Map By : Zero
Version : 2.5

License : CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported
( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ )

Map Summary :
Map's about 80% done without clipping/no clipping as far as layout. This is beta stage. Resembles a little of black ops 3 map with my own creation. There soon will be a border where players can't pass or run into death material. Once map is finished players will only have the option to go 3 or so different directions with some variants like changing direction towards central location or moving around obstacles.

Screenshots :
These images are taken at a older version. ( Version 2.5 ) Download to view latest.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Version History :
Code: Select all
- Edited right building geometry to be extended.
- Added to right building decor.
- Edited textures on structures.
- Added shed structure next to train mill with map models.
- Added sounds.
- Repair sign moved and edited.

- Added sample lights.
- Added another sunlight.
- Added more map models.
- Added generic background structures.
- Moved flag affinities outside.
- Edited / Added Sounds.
- Added death material to central power lines.

- Added /Edit sound.
- Replaced textures.
- Added more structural buildings.
- Clipped/Noclipped.
- Deleted a bunch of structures.
- Done a lot.
- Edit / Added sounds.

- Fixed name of map from "Hostile" to "Hostile Town".
- Added Clip/NoClip
- Added some detail to building across from train depot.
- Added more waypoints.
- Added generic weapon placement for "classic" mutator.
- Added more structures. (Buildings, fences etc.)
- Changed textures on structures. (Trains, buildings, ground etc.)
- Removed old generic floating buildings.
- Added map models.
- Removed triangles down from 181k to 151k And still more to go.

0.5 - Released to public.

To Do List :
Code: Select all
- Add better textures to structures.
- Create map layout better.
- Add death material outside of map layout. (Example : Can't go over fences or certain buildings and structures beyond map limits.)
- Remove more triangles in map.
- Add more map models.
- Place objects from old map to new. (Example : Floating structures or structures outside map layout.)
- Add clip/no clip to map. (Example : Area's players aren't supposed to be. Area's that interfere with parkour movements.)
- Add heightmap or less flat land where there is dirt/grass.
- Add better blendmapping.
- Fix road textures to match map layout.
- Make train track entrance/exits to look more realistic.
- Make newer structures look more realistic.
- Make map background more realistic. (Example : Mountains)
- Add even more waypoints.
- Add sounds.
- Add lighting. I don't want to add this yet because I'm experimenting with layout and textures.
- Edit weapon layout for "classic" Mutator.

Side Note : I could use some help or idea's from the community to help make this map better.

Older Maps :
Blacklight : http://redeclipse.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1122
Apocrypha : http://redeclipse.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=946
Hostile : http://redeclipse.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=854
Descent : http://redeclipse.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=754

Any other maps I have are discontinued and can be developed by anyone else. Just ask and I'll send.
Attachments
Hostile Town.zip
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
Last edited by Zero on 03 Apr 2017 21:27, edited 40 times in total.
Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Town

Postby Damone » 24 Jan 2017 07:11

Hey, I played your map for an hour or so, on various gamemodes, and im really impressed with it so far. I love that its unique from some of the standard Red Eclipse stuff that I've seen.
Obviously its a work in progress so there is issues like you mentioned, but the layout so far is really nice.

The borders around the back house and opposite side barn do seem a little big, but maybe thats just me?
I love the creativity you put into it with the vehicles and the theme.

I heard you had a previous version, but I wasnt around for that.
The inside of the Train Depot area could use some lighting, as it gets pretty dark going through it.

The building across from it on the opposite side, is nice, but is pretty empty, and could use some lights as well.

Great map, had a ton of fun on it. Please, Please, keep working on this, I can't wait to see and play the finished version.
Damone

Postby qreeves » 24 Jan 2017 12:56

Screenshots are highly recommended for any topic in "Maps and Mods". I can take a look at the map later on in development if you continue to have issues with bots, sometimes it just needs a keen eye that understands their stupidity.
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby IQrate » 24 Jan 2017 15:37

i tryed it and i think its nice but something is missing.It has bug in house with tv. And what are those flying houses in air mean?
OFFICIAL RE MORON :)
IQrate

Postby Zero » 24 Jan 2017 22:32

Damone wrote:Hey, I played your map for an hour or so, on various gamemodes, and im really impressed with it so far. I love that its unique from some of the standard Red Eclipse stuff that I've seen.
Obviously its a work in progress so there is issues like you mentioned, but the layout so far is really nice.

The borders around the back house and opposite side barn do seem a little big, but maybe thats just me?
I love the creativity you put into it with the vehicles and the theme.

I heard you had a previous version, but I wasnt around for that.
The inside of the Train Depot area could use some lighting, as it gets pretty dark going through it.

The building across from it on the opposite side, is nice, but is pretty empty, and could use some lights as well.

Great map, had a ton of fun on it. Please, Please, keep working on this, I can't wait to see and play the finished version.

Thanks Damone. Yeah it is a work in progress and probably shouldn't have been released just yet. But couldn't help myself last night. I just threw in the borders last minute and they will be moved and replaced with other structures like walls, buildings, etc. The building across from the train depot like station was the newest building I added and I'll make some changes, lighting, map models etc. There is a older version of the map under "Maps and Mods". Named "Hostile" I was having trouble with putting in too much detail/triangles and had trouble with too much water. This version will have less triangles and more map models. Thanks for the support and playing it and I'll continue working on it. ;)

qreeves wrote:Screenshots are highly recommended for any topic in "Maps and Mods". I can take a look at the map later on in development if you continue to have issues with bots, sometimes it just needs a keen eye that understands their stupidity.

I usually do put in screen shots and should have. I'll do that on next version update which won't be long from now. I'll make some changes tonight and add the screenshots. The bots I think I just didn't add any waypoints or not enough. I'll update that as well.

IQrate wrote:i tryed it and i think its nice but something is missing.It has bug in house with tv. And what are those flying houses in air mean?

Thanks Orate, The buildings in the air just means I haven't added them in place yet or that I'm debating to use them as background props outside arena or in arena. This is a early stage of the map and I apologize for any confusion.
Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Town Version: 2.0

Postby Zero » 23 Feb 2017 01:57

Version 2.0 released.

Still a early version with no boundaries. Just example lighting and more background borders/geometry. Check version history for more.
Zero

Postby bonifarz » 23 Feb 2017 20:15

For sure a lot of time and effort went into this. And I think it is improving well :)
There's only one point I'd suggest for now: Experiment with the blendmap textures on the ground level. You can blend different types of stone, dirt or vegetation textures to avoid tiling, but this metallish one does not work well with those stones.
bonifarz

Postby Zero » 24 Feb 2017 08:38

bonifarz wrote:For sure a lot of time and effort went into this. And I think it is improving well :)
There's only one point I'd suggest for now: Experiment with the blendmap textures on the ground level. You can blend different types of stone, dirt or vegetation textures to avoid tiling, but this metallish one does not work well with those stones.

Thanks Bonifarz =) Been awhile. Your help as always is greatly appreciated. Yessir, been studying multiplayer games/maps so gave it a go on creating a illusion map where it's open but can only go 3 or so directions. I just did a quick blendmap. I'm new to heightmap / blendmap and I learn something new everyday. I'll work on this right away to fix the issue and be more realistic.
Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Town Version: 2.5 - Updated Pics

Postby Zero » 09 Mar 2017 01:04

Version 2.5 Released.
Zero

Re: [MAP] Hostile Town Version: 2.5 - Updated Pics

Postby Zero » 14 Apr 2017 07:03

Update Soon. Some Interesting facts :
- This is the original Hostile map. (That's why you see all them textures for all those of you map creators reading this.) Just took all my geometry thanks to Bonifarz and Red Eclipse Team who was involved. To Save them as prefabs before wiping out the map. (Material, lights, mapmodels Creating flat plane, Moving bases, Starting over etc.)
- The original Hostile was supposed to be open with a town but later became a closed in cave like arena with corridors to travel through and a make out of back drops.
- This is gonna be a hard clipping/material job. But I have my idea's..
- I spotted like 15 errors that are being fixed.
- As said before this is a remake of a map from Black Ops 3. "Fringe" With my own twist on it. Not everything is exact or duplicated. Just layout Idea's.
Zero

Return to Maps and Mods