Poll ended at 24 Mar 2017 21:31

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 6

[IDEA] cape/cloack vanity

Postby zejak » 10 Mar 2017 21:31

So,I have an idea. Idea is new vanity- cape/cloack to go on your back.It would either be plain or with pattern like RE logo.
zejak

Re: [IDEA] cape/cloack vanity

Postby SniperGoth » 10 Mar 2017 22:17

What a curious timing and coincidence.
I started making one some days ago :lol:
Attachments
cape 1.png
cape 2.png
Ex Iron fist level designer/ Ex Revelade Revolution level designer, 3d/2d artist, and still trying to figure out sound design...
SniperGoth

Postby bonifarz » 11 Mar 2017 10:12

Mhmmm, wouldn't that be very difficult to animate? I guess it will look very odd and static, or require considerable work on the engine side.
bonifarz

Postby IQrate » 11 Mar 2017 12:29

I think it would be perfect to have cape in RE.
OFFICIAL RE MORON :)
IQrate

Postby freezurbern » 14 Mar 2017 23:21

if it can be animated to flutter in the wind only while the player is moving, that'd be neato.
freezurbern

Postby Bobbo » 17 Mar 2017 17:33

I can already see this flapping through people's legs and geometry.

Looks a bit short for a cape, though.
Bobbo

Postby IQrate » 19 Mar 2017 12:11

It could be red with some simbols on it, probably RE icon.
OFFICIAL RE MORON :)
IQrate

Postby Dziq » 22 Mar 2017 18:20

hmmm I think its not a good idea, some points:
- it will be static as hell, even if you add animations only when player is moving, this will be still static as hell when player died and fly a little, or when you doing parkour, this always will be positioned in relativity to player so this not be a cape, rather iron material attached to player - rotating as player without any normal physics 'feel and look'
- this now overlaps other vanities on shoulder and some on torso (badge etc), Ill managing vanities in one blend file, and by just looking at that I think "omg another overlaping hard to-or impossible to manage thingy"
Dziq

Postby swooboo » 23 Mar 2017 15:48

Dziq wrote:hmmm I think its not a good idea, some points:
- it will be static as hell, even if you add animations only when player is moving, this will be still static as hell when player died and fly a little, or when you doing parkour, this always will be positioned in relativity to player so this not be a cape, rather iron material attached to player - rotating as player without any normal physics 'feel and look'
- this now overlaps other vanities on shoulder and some on torso (badge etc), Ill managing vanities in one blend file, and by just looking at that I think "omg another overlaping hard to-or impossible to manage thingy"

I agree with all the points, but I don't think it's a bad idea. For once, the points can be addressed:
- It doesn't have to be static as hell. All the options you listed can be animated as well. Also for parkour in 3rd person view it can be disabled.
- Overlapping vanities are nothing new, we deal with it by simply not wearing non-compatible items.

Another idea:

- Start small, with a small cape, like this -
http://p4.storage.canalblog.com/43/44/8 ... 298591.jpg . But maybe a male version, an even smaller one that is only a triangle starting on the shoulders and ending at the middle of the back. That way it'll be easier to animate it's flapping, just like the fox ears are flapping today. Maybe do 2 versions, one for male and one for a female version of the vanity.
swooboo

Postby Dziq » 25 Mar 2017 01:49

still, please make this not overlapping with shoulder vanities and these on torso. . please if you can. I working on vanities to make them better and all of them can be combined without ugly overlapping, and this cape, judging from images in first post, its only one vanity that is impossible to manage this way. I know players can choose only vanities which dont overlap but this is not very pro if you ask me :-P this should be "moron proof" based from beginning ;-)
Dziq

Return to General Discussion