Dziq wrote:hmmm I think its not a good idea, some points:
- it will be static as hell, even if you add animations only when player is moving, this will be still static as hell when player died and fly a little, or when you doing parkour, this always will be positioned in relativity to player so this not be a cape, rather iron material attached to player - rotating as player without any normal physics 'feel and look'
- this now overlaps other vanities on shoulder and some on torso (badge etc), Ill managing vanities in one blend file, and by just looking at that I think "omg another overlaping hard to-or impossible to manage thingy"
I agree with all the points, but I don't think it's a bad idea. For once, the points can be addressed:
- It doesn't have to be static as hell. All the options you listed can be animated as well. Also for parkour in 3rd person view it can be disabled.
- Overlapping vanities are nothing new, we deal with it by simply not wearing non-compatible items.
- Start small, with a small cape, like this - http://p4.storage.canalblog.com/43/44/8 ... 298591.jpg
. But maybe a male version, an even smaller one that is only a triangle starting on the shoulders and ending at the middle of the back. That way it'll be easier to animate it's flapping, just like the fox ears are flapping today. Maybe do 2 versions, one for male and one for a female version of the vanity.