[Idea] Jet-Pack

All posts that don't fit into another category, discuss ideas and other things

[Idea] Jet-Pack

Postby Zero » 10 Jan 2017 03:54

So I was playing another first person shooter today that I don't care for compared to RE. I just happened to download it the same time as RE. It starts with a X ;) lol. Yeah it's alright but has no parkour. One thing I did like is that it had a jet-pack that allowed the player flight for a small duration. (Jet-Pack was a item/equipment model. Only Available in certain maps.)
After the fps in the 90's. Came a game called Starsiege Tribes. Their main goal was a 3d fps with vehicles/open world (Huge Maps) And their map editor. Now they have a new one out but no bots >.< Anyways.
I tried searching the forum for this discussion and it's only been a idea in off topic threads but nothing brought up about it. I'm still slightly new compared to the Veterans who have been here for years. But thought this would be a game changer. Like if you fell off map grounds if at the right moment you could have a chance to fly up and grab the ledge. Maybe by holding space after initial jump. I know most maps you can parkour your way up platforms or go up a ladder. But flying for say 4 to 6 seconds with propulsion is much more fun. In Tribes, it was all about timing. They had a slide parkour like RE. But they called it skiing. And if timed right with Jet-Pack you could land where you wanted. Or even if shot out of the sky you could have players just drop. I see there's already flame like particles and a animation. Just a idea and I think would gain some interests.
Zero

Re: [Idea] Jet-Pack

Postby qreeves » 10 Jan 2017 07:21

There used to be a mutator for it (which was converted into freestyle), but it wasn't generally fun having everyone flying around in the air trying to shoot at each other. The remnants of this can be observed when you set the gravity to zero, as the game gives you it in a rudimentary form as an assist for moving around. While you probably won't see a situation where everyone has a jetpack again, it'll probably re-emerge in some form with the utility item project planned for the near future.
qreeves
Site Admin

Postby Zero » 10 Jan 2017 08:06

True. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Turrets or some kind of defense would be my second choice. But that's a whole new discussion. Tribes had that to. Thank you for the quick reply. Just love this fps and where it's going.
Zero

Postby qreeves » 10 Jan 2017 09:21

Zero wrote:Turrets or some kind of defense would be my second choice. But that's a whole new discussion.

That is indeed something we'd probably experiment with as well, but yeah, wait for the announcement topic when we introduce the utility project! :P
qreeves
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion